
Max has played soccer since he was in kindergarten. This was the first time that he asked to play football "like Dad". How could I turn that down? He wanted to play tackle football, but since he was in 3rd grade and this would be his first experience with football, I asked him to try flag for a year and if he really liked it, he could try tackle in 4th grade (mean mom - I know). The only problem was that our school didn't have a flag team, only a tackle team, so I put him on another school's team. He didn't know anyone. I was nervous for him, but nothing phases Max. He just walked out there and started playing! The coach didn't seem to sure about having this random kid on his team at first, but he soon changed his mind. Max played Tailback and ended up scoring most of the team's touchdowns. He is really fast, Pancho nicknamed him "lighting". Their team ended up going undefeated 11-0, and they even won the championships! It was so much fun to watch him whizzz by the other team and run into the end zone! He can't wait to play next year, and yes - I am going to give in and letting him try tackle.
Thunder and Lightning
Is it just me or do they look like the Bad News Bears?

Max getting a trophy from his coaches - they were begging him to be on the team again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment