Saturday, November 28, 2009

Julie's Team Wins the Big Game too! Ha Ha

On the day before Thanksgiving, our school has a long standing tradition.  We always celebrate a beautiful Thaksgiving Mass together (we have Mass as a school together about once or twice a month and they are really amazing , I love hearing all of those adorable voices singing together).
 Then we have a baskeball game!!!  Teachers against the 8th graders!  It is always so much fun, the kids REALLY get into it.  They make signs to root for either the 8th graders or the teachers and they LOVE to cheer on their team!  Anyone who knows me well knows that I have absolutely NO athletic ability, but somehow I got talked into being on the "teacher team".  My students were soooo excited that I was playing.  My whole goal was to try and NOT embarrass my own children and my students.

Believe it or not, I scored 3 baskets!!!  Whooo Hooo!  It was so much fun!



Some of my fellow teachers and staff waiting to go into the game.
I work with the most awesome and fun people EVER!



What?  You are rooting for the wrong team!!!!
I am giving you both "F's"




The crowd!





Some of my students rooting for the "right" team!
Their sign says "Go Teachers" and I thing they also wrote "Go Fultonator" on there, which is what they call me sometimes.



The teachers were the "Home Team"
No mercy for those 8th graders!


What a fun school and super fun job I have!  I feel very blessed!

1 comment: