Saturday, October 31, 2009

Costume Strut and Pumpkin Carnival & Pumpkin Carving

Every Year, O'Hara has a Costume Strut on the last day of school before Halloween.  The kids all wear their costumes to school and we have a parade around the gym.  It is really cute and a lot of fun.  Sam got to wear his pajamas to his school and have a pajama party (no costumes allowed at his school ?!).  I had him dress up in his costume for a quick picture before school though.



"Bad Guy", "Kitty with a Dress On" and "Oregon Football Player"
Sam looks a little "Village People" to me in this picture . . .



This was the easiest costume ever!
Thank You cousin Will for letting us borrow your REAL Oregon Helmet!



"Bad Guy" 
. . .unfortunately this costume is way too fitting!



As much as I begged her to wear the $75 Belle costume that I paid way too much money for in Disneyland, she only wanted to wear this $1.99 dress that she found at Goodwill.  Why don't Mom's get to choose?  She added the kitty ears and tail when she found out that her best friend Lauren was going to be a Kitty for Halloween . . . Hence "Kitty with a Dress On".  Do friends really have more influence than Mom already?



Yes - That is me
5th grade teacher / Statue of Liberty
Proudly "strutting" in the Costume Strut at our school.




Lucy won a goldfish at the Pumpkin Carnival last night!
(It should be dead in the next 24 hours-happens every year)



Lucas, Lauren Sam and Lucy
The Meters and the Fultons
Best friends!




Carving Pumpkins!



The finished product!
I love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes! Sam looks like I might imagine him in 10 years or so. And I think it is a child's rite of passage to not wear the nice new costume on Halloween. I remember the year Jack wore Ellie's old batman costume that rips and stains everywhere and the new one just sat at home! That mind of their own will come in handy some day. Looking forward to Sam's party next weekend. It's been to long!

    ReplyDelete