Sunday, February 20, 2011

. . .a collection of random events from the past two weeks!

I guess that I am not very consistent with my blogging this time of year.  The last two posts have just been a bunch of events thrown together . . . and this one is no different.  In an effort to get caught up, here are a few events from the past two weeks.

First up! . . . The O'Hara Auction!
What an amazingly fun night.  It is our school's biggest annual fundraiser.  So much hard work went into it, and it was a HUGE success.  This year's theme was, "Lights, Camera, Auction".  So basically it was a Hollywood theme.  The decorations were amazing (thanks to my good friends Heather and Leslie).  Pancho and I had a BLAST.
The VIP Entrance!
 As you walked into the front doors of our school, the paparazzi were there to take your picture.  Then you got to step on to the red carpet and get your picture taken with a real life sized OSCAR (made by our fabulous Art teacher Anna).


Our school was completely transformed.  This is actually the hallway right outside my classroom.  The walls were covered in black curtains and had filmstrip pictures hanging from them. 



The Hollywood Walk of Fame had stars with all of the teachers names on them.
I took a picture with my STAR!



This was the most adorable of all to me!
One of the Moms at our school is a professional photographer.  She gathered some very "Hollywood - like" costumes and took a picture of every student in the school.  The decorating committee made them into filmstrips and hung them everywhere.  I loved walking down the hall and looking at all of those adorable pictures. Lucy's was especially cute to me :).



 . . . . and I absolutely loved Max's picture!
Notice that the kids all put their autograph on their picture too.



Julie S. Heather (the brains behind the decorations) and Me.



 ...a picture of the stage at the auction. 
Our school gym was totally transformed, it really did feel very Hollywood!





Me and Kris
I LOVE her! 
Whenever my work day gets crazy, difficult, funny or overwhelming, she is the one that I turn to.  Her classroom is right across the hall from mine.



 Gotta have a couple picture!
Pancho was holding my camera for me that night. Hence, a lot of pictures of me!



Once again, the night got even better as a big group of us went Karaoke singing at Quackers (again).  For some reason, this always produces belly aching laughs for me. Pancho and I did our rendition of "Sonny and Cher - I've Got You Babe".  Christy and I sang "My Humps".  It was (my teaching partner) Mike's  Birthday, so he got serenaded by a hilarious "friend" of his.  Mike A. sang (or screamed) some Beastie Boys, and best of all, we didn't get home until almost 3:00am! 
Such a fun night!!!


 A few pics of Max playing Basketball.
Max has had tournaments for the past 2 weekends.
They play 2 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday.
His team is doing so great and they are so much fun to watch!


Max #3



Pancho took the boys (and Daunte) to see the Globetrotters.
They could not stop talking about it when they got home.  Apparently the Globetrotters are my boys sense of humor.  They were absolutely cracking up when they were telling me about it!



Lia and Lucy
The girls and I had a fabulous girls night at home together while the boys were at the Globetrotters.



The Saint Paul Basketball Tournament
It was so weird to look across the gym and see Max sitting with all of his buddies watching the game.  It seems like just yesterday, that I was sitting in this same gym as a student, watching Marist play.  It makes me realize how fast Max is growing up, and shocks me to think that he will be here as a student in just a few years!



We went to the tournament to watch Natalie play in the finals.  Christy is one of the coaches too.  Unfortunately they lost the championship game, but that means they got second place and it was so fun to watch them play so hard.



Natalie - the superstar!
She played so hard!



They called Armond, Christy, and Natalie up to honor them.
Three generations of a family that has been so involved in the tournament.



Sam was goofing off for the camera.



Lucy had been at a sleepover with Ali.
What cute little buddies!



Natalie's Team!
Great Job Girls!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting the shots of the tourney, my photographer wasnt as good. Great weekend, and our boys will be there soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also will never hear "My Humps" without thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete