Saturday, June 19, 2010

Celebrate!!! The Last Day of School . . .Yipee!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the people that I work with?
OK, I know, probably a few too many times, but I just feel so lucky to have this whole new group of people in my life, who share the same successes and failures, ups and downs, laughs and tears, and especially FAITH to make it through it all!  God is good to me!  I don't know how I would have made it through the last year without them.

This picture includes teachers from almost every grade level preschool through 8th grade and some of our awesome office staff too!  By the way, the woman on the far left is our new principal!  She is so great and I can't wait for her new ideas and leadership next fall!



OK, so my school staff is really fun to say the least!  We are always getting together to do fun things.  We decided that for the last day of school we would all go play some Laser Tag together, then go have a nice dinner, and end at Karaoke!  Some staff members only made it to one or two parts of the evening, but the die hards (like me) were there from beginning to end!


I took this picture in the room where they give the directions on how to play Laser Tag.
For a group of teachers, we were terrible listeners and did not learn a thing about how to play!
There was a lot of laughing and jokes about "Depends".
We all decided that if you have had children and are near or over 40, and you are doing anything involving hysterical laughter . . .  someone needs to be in charge of bringing the Depends!



This group included "the guys" and "the young uns", they were mostly just laughing at us!
OK, the two on the left were in agreement with the "Depends" thing though.



Next we put our gear on and tried to look intimidating. 
Ha ha ... nice try!



Leslie and I had the intention of doing the Charlies Angels Pose with Christine, but the person taking the picture cut Christine out.  Oooops!





 . . . and finally it was Karaoke time!
I am never one to shy away from Karaoke, and luckily neither are Leslie and Heather!
We sang a mean "Love Shack" and then later "Celebration".



The rest of the staff was cracking up at us!
We weren't the only ones from our group to sing though, I won't mention names,but there were quite a few brave (or stupid, however you want to look at it) souls!



Just when we thought that this evening could not get any more hilarious (to us anyway).
I saw a sign on my way to the bathroom announcing that there was a Sasquach Convention going on at the cheesy hotel we were doing Karaoke at!  Sure enough, the room was full of old men and lets just say interesting looking people wearing Big Foot Badges!  Whoo Hooo, right up my alley. I bet everyone at our table I could get a Big Foot Badge before anyone else could. A few of us set to work. I met some very intersting people who were VERY into Sasquach, some who had actually seen him even! I am embarrassed to report however that I could not get one of those stinkers to part with their badge. I guess I'm losing my touch! In the old days I would have walked of with 20 of those badges huh Christy and Liz? You know that you have hit rock bottom when you get denied badge wearing rights by a Big Foot Convention member in a cheesy Karaoke Bar!


I'm not letting it get me down though!  It sure made for a LOT of laughs, and a whole new slew of one liners to cheer eachother up when we are back in the trenches next fall!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no you have lost your touch. Remember when you would come home from a night out with more money than you left with. Because you would collect for the next pitcher of cheap beer and then get some poor sucker to buy it for you. Glad you survived the year. Vegas here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my teachers did this stuff when I was a kid :)!! I wouldn't have believed! What a great day and hopefully a good warm-up for Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll see if you have lost your touch, I remember a taxi cab drive home......

    ReplyDelete