Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom and Pancho!

Ahhhh!  Christmas Break!
It's finally here and now I am starting to feel the Christmas spirit.

A few weeks ago, my good friend from High School, called to say that she and her family were going to be in town during Christmas Break.  She invited our family over for Sunday Brunch at her parents house.  I spent many hours at Jenny's house in High School and of course our parents became friends too.  It was like a mini reunion when my parents, my family, Jenny's family and her parents all got together for the first time in years.  Our girls got along right away and played together the whole time. Our parents got caught up on their lives and of course Jen and I had a great time telling old stories.


My best friend from High School,
 Jenny and I . . .


Lucy and Isabella
My little girl and Jen's youngest daughter are both 7 years old and became instant BFF's.



The whole crowd having a delicious brunch,
(My boys were both at basketball events, such a bummer that Jen didn't get to see them)



Jenny's parents John and Marcia,
J.D., Jen, Vivienne (10) and Isabella (7)



The Girls
Vivienne, Lucy and Isabella
They all three played piano for us!


 
Mom and Dad


Our family (minus the boys) in front of the tree.
Thanks so much to Jenny and her family for getting us all together and serving such a delicious brunch.  I still cant believe how many memories we all share, it was fun to look at old pictures, laugh at the old pictures and to watch our little girls become instant friends too.  I miss you Jen, but I am so glad that I got to see you on Sunday. Hopefully we wont let so much time go by before we get together again.




After brunch with Jen's family, we picked up Sam (Max was still at basketball camp) and headed out to Cottage Grove.  For her birthday, my mom wanted to get us all together to watch a play at the Cottage Theater.  They were performing Beauty and the Beast.  It was such an great play.  I wasn't expecting much from a little theater in Cottage Grove, but my expectations were blown out of the water!  The costumes, actors and sets were amazing!  The kids loved it, (and Pancho and I did too)!

Mom, Dad and Lucy
after the play.



Lucy got to meet Belle and get her program signed after the show.
She is still talking about meeting Belle!


The Clock and The Beast,
along with some of the other characters, meeting people after the show.



I highly recommend this theater.
My parents are regulars here and they tell me all of the plays are as good as this one!



The Birthday Kids (Pancho and Mom)
After the play, we headed back to Mom and Dad's house for some cake and icecream.
Yes, my mom made her own birthday cake.
No one can compare to her home made from scratch cake, and I let her use the excuse that she is making it for Pancho for his birthday.  But really we all know that we would all much rather eat her cake, than any cake I could make or a store bought cake!



A special Happy Birthday shout out to two of my favorite people in the whole world.
Thank You Mom for being such and amazing example of how to be a good wife, friend and mom.  I love you  so much and I thank God for giving me the best Mom in the whole world.

 . . .and to my husband Pancho.  I couldn't have dreamt up a better life partner.  You are an awesome Dad and husband, and I am so lucky to be making my way through this crazy life with you by my side.  Thank you for constantly making me laugh and for telling me daily that you love me.  I love you too, and Happy Birthday!





1 comment:

  1. Great post! Jenny's girls look so much like JD. "Basketball" does keep the boys busy :)

    ReplyDelete