Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tea Party at Ruthie B's

One of my very favorite things to do in the whole world is to go to Ruthie B's for a tea party, especially at Christmas time.  So I started making plans with Lucy right away.  I  asked her who she wanted to invite to our tea party, and she knew right away that she wanted her best friend Lauren and her Grammy.  That was the perfect guest list for me too!

Lauren and Lucy were so excited for the tea party!
They got all dressed up 2 hours before it was time to go.  They also dressed up their stuffed dogs and put them in baskets to bring along. Then they had practice tea parties in Lucy's room.



Lucy, Grammy and Lauren
I am so sad that Ruthie B's is closing for good at the end of the month, so this was our very last tea party at Ruthie's :(



Ruthie B's is actually an antique store set up in sections by holiday and/or color.
Lucy LOVES the pink section, so she couldn't wait to show Lauren.



Neither one of the girls were too sure about how they felt about tea,
however, once we added enough sugar and cream, they were instant fans!



pinkies out!



I wanted to show the food in this picture.  They ordered peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
When their plate came, it had bread cut into little shapes and little bowls of peanut butter and jelly.  They got to make their own mini sandwiches.  How perfect!  They loved it!


Then for desert they ordered "mud with worms". 
It was really chocolate pudding with oreo cookies smashed into it, gummy worms and tons of whip cream on top.  Yet again, the perfect desert for kids!



We were seated in the "Halloween Section".
I had never sat in there before, it was pretty scary!  The girls had a great time looking at all of the pumpkins, old costumes and scary masks.  The rest of the store was all decked out for Christmas with tons of adorable home made Christmas items.  My mom and I could have spent hours looking at everything.

I am so happy that my Mom, Lucy and I (along with Lauren of course) got to have one last memory of Ruthie B's together.  I will certainly miss it when it is gone!

1 comment:

  1. Classic girl time! I'm sure you and your mom had as much fun as the little girls!

    ReplyDelete