I have driven down to LA many times in my life, and I have figured out that the SUPER looooong drive is much better if you stop and do something fun at the half way point. So, on the way down, we stopped at the Sacramento Water Park with our friends. On the way home, we decided to stop at Great America in San Jose.
Did we take into consideration that we had just been at a theme park the day before? YES, and we didn't care! You see, we were NOT blessed with children who were "good travellers" when they were toddlers. In fact we went on many vacations where Pancho and I looked at each other and asked "Is this fun? Why are we doing this?" as we listened to hours of screaming in the car and tantrums at fun places. The good news is, they grew out of it, and they are so much fun to travel with now! They are all at such fun ages, where they are interested in everything, they LOVE rides and shows, they are really good in the car, and they finally understand the words "we won't get there for 3 more hours, so you might as well watch a movie", and they can even turn it on themselves!
It was just our own little family at this theme park. I thought that I drew the short straw, when it was decided that I would be the one to go on all of the crazy rides with Max. I was so worried that I would feel sick for the whole day and have to force myself on every ride, or even worse, just watch while Max went on all of the rides alone!
Boy was I wrong! I LOVED every crazy upside down ride, and Max and I had so much fun together. It was a great bonding day for us! The only ride that I refused to go on was the "Free Fall", so Max went alone (he has NO FEAR)! We did go on a ton of rides together though, with names like, The Vortex, The Demon, The Invertigo, and the Survivor Ride (my favorite). At the end of the day, Max gave me a BIG Hug and said, "I had a blast with you today Mom, that was awesome". I guess that I can be kind of cool when I have to be. I hope that he remembers my coolness when I am his teacher next year!
Pancho had the camera with Sam and Lucy most of the day, I think he did a good job getting some very cute pictures!
This was a 2 story carousel, they were very excited to ride on the 2nd story!
I took this shot of Pancho on the Berzerker!
Lucy was terrified of ANY ride when we started this vacation,and by the end, she was getting really brave. Sam LOVED this ride.
Snoopy was a theme here too! Go figure!
The kids changed into their swimming suits because there is a water park here too, but we never even made it on many of the water slides, because we ran out of time. We could have done one more whole day there!
Sam and Lucy in the front row of the big roller coaster!
Close up of their faces as they went down the first hill.
They went on this one at least 20 times throughout the day.
Once again, we had NO lines. You could just walk on any ride that you wanted to go on.
The Swings! another favorite!
It really is so much fun to see your kids having the time of their lives. Actually, Pancho and I were having a great time too . . . which is saying a lot. We are both easily frustrated and grumpy with long lines and hot weather. Luckily the weather was perfect, the lines were short and the kids were so much fun to hang out with. We were feeling pretty blessed!














Looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDelete