Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sacramento Water Park

There is so much going on in our lives right now.  We had planned to go to Lake Tahoe with the McCarthy and Hakala families this week.  It was supposed to be our big family vacation this summer.  When we got the sad news that Pancho's Mom had passed away, our plans were changed.  We cancelled the Lake Tahoe trip and packed quickly for a road trip down to LA for the funeral.  We had planned  to go to this water park in Sacramento on the way to Tahoe on Wednesday, but luckily, our good friends were willing to change their plans and meet us at the water park 2 days earlier on our way to LA!  So we still got a mini vacation with our friends!


I landed at the Eugene Airport on Saturday at 3:00 from Vegas.  I was so happy that I got a chance to spend the evening with Kevin, Kate and Finn as well as my Aunt Pat and Uncle Phil, who were in town for the weekend, before we left the next day for California.


My kids playing with cousin Finn.


Having Dinner at Mom and Dad's house
Phil, Pancho, Pat, Dad, Mom, Kevin, Kate


One last pic of Finn and my sister in law (sista) Kate,
so glad that we got to see you, even if it was a short visit!


The next day it was, unpack from Vegas, pack family for LA road trip, and off we went!  We made it to Sacramento that night and hit the water park the next day (Monday).  It actually is not that convenient to get pictures at a water park, so I got a few before I put the camera in a locker and had some fun!

Colin, Brendan, Max and Lucy


Ben, Brendan and Max
all going in to 5th grade this fall


Lucy and Max, waiting for sunscreen!


Together again, for vacation number 2 out of 3 this summer.
We still have our anual camping trip coming up!


I went on a lot of the water slides with the boys, but I skipped this yellow one!
Anything with a free fall is not for me (or my stomach).
Max loved it though!


I took my camera out for a few water shots.
The kids (and Pancho) had a blast playing in the huge wave pool!


Colin and Sam



I tried to get a cute picture with Sam . . .


. . .but I got this instead, luv ya Donnie!
random Christmas card picture next year?


Lucy and I both liked the Lazy River the best.
We floated through it together over and over!


All of the kids posed for one last picture on the way out!
What a fun group, so glad we still got to have at least a day with our friends.



Now its back to the car to finish the trip to LA!

1 comment:

  1. You are the blogging queen! Did someone have more kids without telling me?? or was Heidi with you?? Glad you had fun and yes we are ready for CAMPING!

    ReplyDelete