Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Day with Family and Friends

After the presents were opened and we picked up the house a little bit, it was time for family and friends to arrive!  Mom and Dad came over at around noon, and the kids were so excited to show them all of their gifts from Santa.  My mom also brings over lots of food, including the prime rib, and helps me get Christmas Dinner started.  The Dacar Family showed up at around 2:00.  Our kids all have so much fun together and couldn't wait to  show each other what they got for Christmas!

Me and my BFF Liz.
I love our new tradition of spending Christmas together.  I think this is our 3rd or 4th year, so I feel like I can call it a tradition now :).


Dad and Doug
Its so fun for us to just have time to hang out together while the kids are playing away in the other room!



I actually set a very nice table every Christmas and get my china out and everything.
At least it happens once a year right?



We got a new flat screen TV for Christmas, so we let the kids have the old one for their Wii!
They were so excited to get to play their video games on this HUGE TV.  Their playroom is complete now.



Max. Jack, Ellie and Sam played a lot of Wii games that day.  They had all gotten a new game for Christmas so they had to try out all of the new games.  Notice Lucy in the background playing the piano.  She is not much of a "gamer". ha ha


Liz and I tried to cook dinner, but I think we were driving my mom nuts.  Since we were talking and laughing so much, we burned the rolls AND the potatoes.  Maybe we should just leave the cooking to my mom :).
Oh Well, it all still tasted good and we sure had fun!



Pancho kept us all laughing all day.
I love this guy!


My mom, who is an amazing cook!
Thank you for your patience with us mom, and by the way, "I like my prime rib rare!"


1 comment:

  1. We should have the picture of Pancho still in the clothes he slept in:) And I love the picture of your mom at the end! This is one of my favorite traditions.

    ReplyDelete