Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mom and Pancho's Birthday


Pancho's Birthday is December 10th,  my Mom's Birthday is December 15th.  As you can probably imagine, Mom and Pancho get to celebrate their Birthday's together every year!  I am usually in charge of planning a fun family event to mark the occasion.  This year, Lucy has been begging me to go to the Hult Center to watch our local Christmas Production called "A Yuletide Celebration".  It ended up being a fun thing for all of us to do together.  An added bonus was that 3 of my students were in the production too!  They were so excited to have their teacher there, and I was so proud of all of them.  They did such a great job!


All in all it was a super fun family day and it really got us all in the Christmas/Birthday Spirit!


The Birthday Kids!




Lucy and I
all dressed up to head over to the Hult Center.




I even got the boys to dress up
(and smile for a picture, thats the biggest miracle of all!)



Max took a picture of Pancho and I



The Family . . .
all dressed up and posing our best in front of the Christmas Tree at the Hult Cneter



I think this is such a great picture of Mom and Dad!



Lucy was so excited right before the show began,
the boys werent so sure about this whole thing, but the show ended up being really good.


Then it was time for some food!


Mom came up with a great idea!  We all went to Kabukis for dinner.
The kids were so entertained by the chef who chopped, flipped and lit our food on fire!!!!




They were very engrossed in the food show,
our chef was really funny and entertaining!
They also got to drink "Shirley Temples" . . . so cool!




After we finished eating, Sam made us tie his napkin on his head (the chef wore a big red chef hat) and he started throwing his forks up in the air!




He never ceases to crack us all up!
I think I see a future in this for him,
"You can get paid for throwing utensils and food in the air?"




Lucy (who idolizes her brother) wanted a napkin hat too!




Then we got in the car and drove around town looking at Christmas Lights!
This was the winner!




The day ended back at Grammy and Papas for Cake and Icecream.
What a crazy fun day!
Happy Birthday Grammy and Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys had such a good time -- and I agree that it's a great picture of your mom & dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to the Yuletide Celebration last year - very fun! I love your daughter's sweater in these pics!

    ReplyDelete