Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Great Day of Skiing!

Christy, Donnie and I have taken our kids up skiing at Willamette Pass every year for about 4 or 5 years now.  Liz has joined us for the past 2 years too!  This year started off a little rough, because Willamette Pass was packed!  We waited over an hour to rent our skis.  It was all worth it though, once we got out in the snow.  It was a perfect day of skiing.  There was no wind, it wasn't too cold and the snow was perfect.

Liz doesn't ski, so she stays in the lodge and keeps track of all of our stuff.
She also gets to read a book and drink hot chocolate (should I be jealous?).

Pancho stayed home with Lucy, who has not taken a liking to skiing yet!
(once again, should I be jealous?)



Sam and Ethan all ready for their lesson.





We signed Ellie, Sam, Jack, and Ethan up for lessons.




There were quite a few people in their lesson.
Luckily Sam got moved up to the next group right away, and he got to start going on the chair lift.  He was so proud of himself, just a little bit sad that Ellie didn't get moved up with him.




Me, Christy and Liz
I think that we are really good Moms to do this every year, it is a lot of work!
I look a little tired in this picture.





I was so happy once I got out on the slopes with Max though.

While the other kids were in their lessons, Christy, Donnie, Nat, Ben, Max and I skiied A LOT!
Max is such an  awesome skier, he surprised me so much with how much he has improved since last year.  He has officially passed me up, he can ski right past me now!






Donnie and Christy are great Ski Buddies for me.
We all ski about the same!




After Sam and Ellie finished their lesson, I skiied with them for the rest of the afternoon.
Sam also completely amazed me!  The was definetly the year for HUGE improvement.  I had so much fun skiing with he and Ellie. Ellie was so proud that she ended up getting moved to Sam's group too, so they were both ready to hit the ski lift on the bunny hill with me, (about 25 times, over and over)!  I was so sore the next day!




I love this group shot of all of our kids!




Max with the mountain in the background!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Thanks for being Ellie's ski buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a very good mom for taking them skiing!!! Looks like a lot of great memories!

    ReplyDelete