Can I just say that the people that I work with are an absolute BLAST ?!!!
Now that Christmas is over and we all have a little more time, we have started having "Friday at 5:00".
We plan to meet out at Cornicopia for drinks and dinner every few Fridays. Last night was full of toasts and funny stories. We were so loud that they moved us to a back table, and an older couple that was sitting near us asked "What school do you all work at? I am going to make sure that my grandkids go there, you look like you are having so much fun!". There were about 20 staff members there, I love hanging out with people that make me do the REAL laugh, the one that makes your stomach hurt, and tears come out of your eyes. I guess that with the job that we all do, there is plenty of opportunity for good stories and a true need to let off a little steam. If I do say so myself, we all work REALLY hard and it is definitely not a job that you are there for the $$$. This is a group of really good, kind, caring hardworking people, that just happen to be super funny and fun too! This (and my awesome students) are what make me love my job
Christine and Keely, (the young ones) we all live our lives vicariously through their young exciting lives. We were giving Keely the third degree about her latest love interest, then we did a really loud toast to Keely "not being easy" she was really happy with us.
I wish that I would have taken more pictures at the restaurant of the whole group, but I was stuck back in the corner (it was a L shaped table so I actually had the best seat) and couldn't get out to get a good pic.
After the restaurant, about half of us headed to the Red Lion for a little Karaoke.
Angela (Max's teacher), Leslie (Lucy's kindgarten aide), and Heather (our office assisatant)
Bibi (Lucy's preschool aide), Cathy (Lucy's teacher) and Darleen (Max's preschool teacher)
Kris (6th grade teacher and she works across the hall from me), Me and Mike A. (4th grade teacher)
Tammy(middle school science) and Chris (her husband) were there too, but I didn't get pics of them!
We made Mike get up and sing, he didnt want to, so I went up there with him (not the best picture of me)!
I pretty much let Mike sing by himself since I didnt know the song. I was morale support.
The OHara crowd cheering us on!
Leslie is actually a really good singer. She sang a whole bunch of songs.
She and I sang the "Love Shack" duet together. I wish I would have asked someone to take a pic. We were pretty proud of ourselves and we got really into it . . . Can you say dorks?
Leslie, dancing away! This girl cracks me up!
Christine, a friend of theirs and Keely singing. Thank goodness we have these two around to update us on the latest apps and how to twitter. They were cracking us up all night (cell phones constantly in hand).
They sang a Britney Spears song, they were so cute!
I love how they got so into it!
Mike and Chris got up and sang a Beastie Boys song. They were awesome!
They got the whole crowd singing along.
What a fun night, I didn't get home until 12:30! I havent been up that late (besides New Years) in a looong time.
When Leslie suggested that we all go Kareoke singing, almost everyone said No WAY! I was like, cool, lets go! They said, will you get up there and sing? I said Sure! I think that I shocked them all with my "Mad Skills" at Karaoke Ha ha. (not that I am a good singer, I just have no shame!)
What a fun night, I cant wait for the next one!



Looks like lots of FUN!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time!!! What a fun group!
ReplyDelete